Brookfield Farm Whole or Half Lamb (balance less €20 deposit)
Brookfield Farm lamb is raised in a small organically certified flock and conscientiously reared. Our sheep live on organically certified land, eat herbs on the lakeshore, grass and a little ration in winter.
When ready for eating, the lamb is brought to a local, fully accredited, craft butcher, carefully handled to avoid stress and processed with a few of its flockmates. This old fashioned treatment is rare today.
What you are getting is a completely different animal from the anonymous conveyor belt lamb you normally buy from the supermarket. It is also great value.
Buying lamb direct from Brookfield Farm not only saves money, but you will notice the difference in taste and quality in our lambs that are produced locally, fresh from our farm, and delivered directly to your door.
Whole lamb: Weighs about 18-25 kg. Fits in about 2.5 drawers in a standard upright freezer.
Lamb is a seasonal product and depending on the time of year, the product will change. The colour and flavour of the flesh will depend on where the sheep were raised. Spring Lamb (or new Season Lamb) is lamb under 1 year old. When lamb passes its first birthday, it is termed hogget, and at this age can make excellent eating. It’s darker in colour and richer in flavour, with a heavier fat covering. It is hung for about a week to ten days. The lamb from Brookfield farm varies from 5 months to one year – meaning the meat is tender and yet has a terrific depth of flavour.
Brookfield Farm lamb rearing principles
- All our sheep are free-range, organically certified and graze on lakeshore pastures sown with organic grass seed
- We supplement the grass diet with a little organic ration in winter
- Our lamb is fully traceable and locally slaughtered by a traditional craft butcher.
- Unlike supermarket meat, our lamb is hung on the bone for a minimum of 7-10 days, ensuring delicious tenderness and flavour
- Our farm is part of agri-environment scheme GLAS and we farm sustainably.
- Buying lamb direct from Brookfield Farm means less food miles
- You save on supermarket prices by buying direct from Brookfield Farm
If you have any further queries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org