BROOKFIELD FARM Irish Honey Bee Hiveshare
Why give one gift when you can give many?
Give a year of bounty from Irish country bees for the ones you love with a Brookfield Farm Hiveshare. You get delicious raw Irish honey, pure beeswax handmade candles and balms. We look after the bees!
Subscribers to Hiveshare have regular communications and share in celebrations connecting you with the cycles of the seasons and life in your hive and on the farm.
- Enjoy the flavour and health benefits of pure, cold filtered honey
- Our bees forage on trees and wildflowers; the farm’s acres of woodland are filled with bee-friendly trees and our acres of bee-meadows are colourful with wildflowers.
- Help bees and crop pollination
- Protect bees by contributing to safe sanctuaries where they can live, feed and produce healthy hives and honey
- Introducing a community-supported agriculture model for honey
- Brookfield Farm are committed to the natural management and treatment of honey bees to extract high quality honey and beeswax
- Support traditional old style, natural farming methods.
- Help young apiarists learn beekeeping skills, support the future
- Help us help the most important insect on our planet – No bees, no food!
To bring the finest sustainably produced raw honey and beeswax candles directly from Brookfield Farm to you we have developed Brookfield Farm Hiveshare plans. Hiveshare options are currently 'Bee Friend', 'Bee Supporter' and 'Bee Champion'.
Giftbox with a beautiful pair of handmade beeswax candles, beeswax lip balm, hiveshare certificate. Seasonal updates on your hive. At harvest you will receive a tasting set with two jars of raw honey from your hive alongside custom honey labels (on request) and an invitation to the honey celebration event.
Giftbox with a beautiful pair of handmade beeswax candles, beeswax lip balm, hiveshare certificate. Seasonal updates on your hive. At harvest you will receive a tasting set with six jars of raw honey from your hive alongside custom honey labels (on request) and an invitation to the honey celebration event.
Giftbox with a beautiful pair of handmade beeswax candles, beeswax lip balm, a taste of honey jar, beeswax candle tin, hiveshare certificate. Seasonal updates on your hive. At harvest you will receive at least sixteen 227ml jars of raw honey from your hive with custom honey labels (on request) and an invite to the honey celebration event, visit the apiaries and collect your honey.
This what the Irish Times said about us when we launched in December 2014:
What could be nicer than honey from your own hives? Well, it could be that someone else minded the bees, and as an added bonus made lovely natural honeycomb candlesticks and lip balm from the hive too, and delivered them to your door.
Brookfield Farm on the shore of Lough Derg in Co Tipperary is offering the chance to buy into its apiary by investing in a..... hive... ...you’ll get ...your own hive’s honey, ..... plus the candles and balm in a presentation tin, regular updates on your hive, and an invitation to the farm’s “Honey Celebration” ... when you can see your busy bees and collect your honey.
It’s a lovely idea, the brainchild of Ailbhe Gerrard who studied sustainable development and organic farming before taking over Brookfield Farm, alongside her family home, four years ago..... and the farm also sells its own lamb, in season. Best of all, you can buy the hiveshare online – just print out the order form and wrap it up nicely if you’ve been caught short in the giftgiving stakes – at brookfield.farm