Bees are under threat. Due to a complicated mix of environmental factors, chemicals used by garden owners and farmers and lack of flowers/nectar. Every year beekeepers are having quite a number of losses (hives dying) annually - usually about 25%, but in 2015 beekeepers lost about 60% of their hives. Queen bees are also not living as long - about 3 years instead of 5. This is across Ireland and the world.
Creating Irish honey bee sanctuaries like Brookfield Farm will preserve these useful and amazing insects for future generations. And you can participate! As you enjoy the incredible flavours and health benefits of raw Irish honey, pure beeswax handmade candles and balms from the your Hiveshare subscription, we look after the bees!
Hiveshare by Brookfield Farm is about education and the joy of beekeeping.
- Enjoy the flavour and health benefits of pure, cold filtered honey
- Our bees forage on trees and wildflowers; the farm’s acres of woodland are filled with bee-friendly trees and our acres of bee-meadows are colourful with wildflowers.
- Help bees and crop pollination
- Protect bees by contributing to safe sanctuaries where they can live, feed and produce healthy hives and honey
- Introducing a community-supported agriculture model for honey
- Brookfield Farm are committed to the natural management and treatment of honey bees to extract high quality honey and beeswax
- Support traditional old style, natural farming methods.
- Help young apiarists learn beekeeping skills, support the future
- Help us help the most important insect on our planet – No bees, no food!
Brookfield Farm Principles
- We love bees.
- We are led by the life and needs of the colonies who call our farm home.
- We give our bees their own honey during the winter. (Only if they run out we feed additionally)
- Our happy healthy colonies of bees produce the finest raw honey rich in minerals, pollen and propolis.
- Award winning honey! Blas na hEireann national finalists.
- Our honey is cold-filtered (never heated) to preserve the delicate flavour, enzymes, proteins and anti-oxidants.
- Our hives produce honey and wax harvested from clean wax comb
What is included in a Brookfield Farm Hiveshare?
- Choose your Hiveshare level - Bee Friend, Bee Supporter or Bee Champion
- Get your beautiful giftbox with sample hive products and Hiveshare certificate
- Read seasonal updates and information on your beehive
- Anticipate getting your own honey from your own hive at harvest time (amount depends on Hiveshare option chosen, see below)
- Receive 100% Beeswax handcrafted candles, beeswax balm from shared hive
- Wonderful Honey Celebration - visit the farm and view the apiaries
- Enjoy your honey
- Sign up again next year!
To bring the finest sustainably produced raw honey and beeswax candles directly from Brookfield Farm to you we have developed Brookfield Farm Hiveshare plans. Hiveshare options are currently 'Bee Friend', 'Bee Supporter' and 'Bee Champion'.
Giftbox with a beautiful pair of handmade beeswax candles, beeswax lip balm, hiveshare certificate. Seasonal updates on your hive. At harvest you will receive a tasting set with two jars of raw honey from your hive alongside custom honey labels (on request) and an invitation to the honey celebration event.
Giftbox with a beautiful pair of handmade beeswax candles, beeswax lip balm, hiveshare certificate. Seasonal updates on your hive. At harvest you will receive a tasting set with six jars of raw honey from your hive alongside custom honey labels (on request) and an invitation to the honey celebration event.
Giftbox with a beautiful pair of handmade beeswax candles, beeswax lip balm, a taste of honey jar, beeswax candle tin, hiveshare certificate. Seasonal updates on your hive. At harvest you will receive at least sixteen 227ml jars of raw honey from your hive with custom honey labels (on request) and an invite to the honey celebration event, visit the apiaries and collect your honey.