BROOKFIELD FARM HIVESHARE
the sweetest gift
Why give one gift when you can give many?
Give a year of bounty from Irish country bees for the ones you love with a Brookfield Farm Hiveshare.
This what the Irish Times said about us when we launched in December 2014:
What could be nicer than honey from your own hives? Well, it could be that someone else minded the bees, and as an added bonus made lovely natural honeycomb candlesticks and lip balm from the hive too, and delivered them to your door.
Brookfield Farm on the shore of Lough Derg in Co Tipperary is offering the chance to buy into its apiary by investing in a..... hive... ...you’ll get ...your own hive’s honey, ..... plus the candles and balm in a presentation tin, regular updates on your hive, and an invitation to the farm’s “Honey Celebration” ... when you can see your busy bees and collect your honey.
It’s a lovely idea, the brainchild of Ailbhe Gerrard who studied sustainable development and organic farming before taking over Brookfield Farm, alongside her family home, four years ago..... and the farm also sells its own lamb, in season. Best of all, you can buy the hiveshare online – just print out the order form and wrap it up nicely if you’ve been caught short in the giftgiving stakes – at brookfield.farm
Brookfield Farm Hiveshare - Who?
Ailbhe is the farmer, a former construction project manager. She returned to her home area by Lough Derg to farm. Ailbhe realised her passion for sustainable farming and food and concentrated on having a good environment for welcoming people to the farm, bees, delicious honey and lamb.
Brookfield Farm Principles
- We love bees.
- We are led by the life and needs of the colonies who call our farm home.
- We give our bees their own honey during the winter. (Only if they run out we feed additionally)
- Our happy healthy colonies of bees produce the finest raw honey rich in minerals, pollen and propolis.
- Award winning honey! Blas na hEireann national finalists.
- Our honey is cold-filtered (never heated) to preserve the delicate flavour, enzymes, proteins and anti-oxidants.
- Our hives produce honey and wax harvested from clean wax comb
Brookfield Farm Hiveshare - Why?
Hiveshare by Brookfield Farm is about more than honey and candles - it is also about education and the joy of beekeeping. Subscribers to Hiveshare will have regular communications and share in celebrations connecting you with the cycles of the seasons and life in your hive and on our farm in Tipperary, Ireland.
Bees are under threat. Creating bee sanctuaries like Brookfield Farm will preserve these useful and amazing insects for future generations. And you can participate, as you enjoy the incredible flavours and health benefits of Brookfield Farm Hiveshare - raw natural honey and beeswax products.
- Enjoy the flavour and health benefits of pure, cold filtered honey
- Our bees forage on trees and wildflowers; the farm’s acres of woodland are filled with bee-friendly trees and our acres of bee-meadows are colourful with wildflowers.
- Help bees and crop pollination
- Protect bees by contributing to safe sanctuaries where they can live, feed and produce healthy hives and honey
- Introducing a community-supported agriculture model for honey
- Brookfield Farm are committed to the natural management and treatment of honey bees to extract high quality honey and beeswax
- Support traditional old style, natural farming methods.
- Help young apiarists learn beekeeping skills, support the future
- Help us help the most important insect on our planet – No bees, no food!
Brookfield Farm Hiveshare - What?
- Choose your Hiveshare level - Bee Friend or Bee Champion
- Get your beautiful giftpack with sample hive products and certificate
- Read seasonal updates and information on your beehive
- Anticipate getting your own honey from your own hive at harvest time (amount depends on Hiveshare option chosen)
- Receive 100% Beeswax handcrafted candles, beeswax balm from shared hive
- Wonderful Honey Celebration - visit the farm and view the apiaries
- Enjoy your honey
- Sign up again next year!
To bring the finest sustainably produced raw honey and beeswax candles directly from Brookfield Farm to you we have developed Brookfield Farm Hiveshare plans. Hiveshare options are currently 'Bee Friend' and 'Bee Champion'.
Giftbox with a beautiful pair of handmade beeswax candles, beeswax lip balm, a taste of honey jar, beeswax candle tin, hiveshare certificate. Seasonal updates on your hive. At harvest you will receive at least sixteen 227ml jars of raw honey from your hive with custom honey labels (on request) and an invite to the honey celebration event, visit the apiaries and collect your honey.
Giftbox with a beautiful pair of handmade beeswax candles, beeswax lip balm, hiveshare certificate. Seasonal updates on your hive. At harvest you will receive a tasting set with two jars of raw honey from your hive alongside custom honey labels and an invitation to the honey celebration event.