Following a successful construction project management career, Ailbhe returned to farm beside her family home in Co. Tipperary. Ailbhe Gerrard studied sustainable development in University College London, and organic farming for three years in the renowned Scottish Agricultural College (SRUC). Recently honoured with a Nuffield Agricultural Scholarship, and lecturing at Gurteen Agricultural College, she is well qualified to farm at Brookfield.
Driven by her vision of bringing agriculture back to its sustainable roots; producing good food for people. Ailbhe has farmed Brookfield Farm for over six years, growing skills, developing new ideas and making collaborations with skilled farmers, apiarists and consumers.
Enthused by the energy generated hosting the All Ireland Permaculture Gathering on Brookfield Farm in August 2014; with hundreds of festival attendees attending dozens of workshops on sustainability and food. Ailbhe launched Brookfield Farm Hiveshare - an artisan honey food product with flair.
Brookfield Farm specialises in artisan food delivered direct to you. From a beautiful landscape running down to the shores of Lough Derg in Co. Tipperary we carefully produce delicious wild flower honey, farm made beeswax candles and tender lambs.
Brookfield Farm - Ailbhe Gerrard
Ailbhe’s recent activities include:
- Bank of Ireland Start Up Awards - Bronze award for Creative Retail and Craft awards regional finalist 2017
- Nuffield Agricultural Scholar awarded 2016
- Design Council Selection for Bloom Craft Village (for excellence in craft) 2017
- National Ploughing Championships Innovation Arena 2016. Enterprise Ireland and the Irish Farmers Journal
- Selected Design Ireland Best Gifts RDS National Craft + Design Fair 2016 + 2017
- Bank of Ireland Start Up Awards Regional finalist Sustainable Start up 2016
- Design Council of Ireland Member 2016/7
- Member Tipperary Food Producers' Network 2016 + 2017
- Great Taste Awards judge 2016
- Tipperary Green Business Network 2016 + 2017
- ACORNS programme 2016 + 2017 (competitive rural female entrepreneur programme)
- A Taste of Lough Derg - Tipperary County Council food producers’ promotion. 2014 - 2017
- Awarded alumnus IFOAM (Organics International) Global Organic Agriculture Leaders’ programme, scholarship winner 2015
- IFOAM Masterclass Korea Scholarship winner 2017
- Winner Irish Times Artisan Food Producers' competition 2014
Taste matters. Our careful and sustainable farming produces delicious farm food, minimally processed.
You matter. We value the relationship between farmer and consumer, and want to deliver our food fresh from our farm to your kitchen.
We matter. As food producers, a vital part of thriving rural life, we need to connect with you to share our farm produce.
Sharing matters. The joy of farming, keeping the beauty of the land, let us share our story with you. Come and visit our organised farm events, and share your story.
Value matters. Selling directly from farm to consumer, we all benefit.